Dr Louis Beak has worked as a GP on the Gold Coast since 2016, obtaining his Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP) in early 2018. Dr Beak has an interest in all aspects of general practice, and enjoys working with people of all ages and walks of life.
In addition to general consults, he has a special interest in skin checks and management of skin cancer, and chronic disease management. He provides weekly GP care for residents at a local aged care facility. He recently obtained his DAME qualification and looks forward to providing aviation medical services for local pilots.
When Louis is not at work, he is spending time with his family and trying to keep fit.
Areas of interest:
- Chronic disease management
- Child Health
- Mens and Womens Health
- Skin cancer checks and management
- Aviation Medicals
- Prior to his medical career Louis had obtained his BSpchPath and worked as a Speech Pathologist for 3years on the Gold Coast.
- Louis graduated from Griffith University School of Medicine in 2012. He worked at the Gold Coast University Hospital as a junior doctor, which included experience and training in the Paediatric and Neonatal Units, and stints in regional North Queensland. During this time, he completed his Diploma in Child Health and continues to undertake training in Skin Cancer Medicine and Surgery through Skin Cancer College Australasia
- CASA certified Designated Aviation Medical Examiner (DAME), 2022